Thursday, April 17, 2014

What Would You Do If You Knew You Only Had One Week To Live?




 This is Holy Week and I've been pondering what I would do if I learned I only had one week to live as Jesus did.

For me, that question had a way of clearing away all the things that really didn't matter in my life and putting the focus on what did.

If I had only a week to live I would hold the people I love close and tell them how much they truly mean to me. I'd tell my husband he is the love of my life over and over again and make sure he realized how important and special our time together was. I'd make sure my three granddaughters knew how special they are to both me and to God. How much they matter. How much I've enjoyed watching them grow up. And I write them each a letter that they could keep forever to let them know they were loved by me. But most importantly, I would thank God for sending Jesus to save me and for the promise I have because of what He did on the Cross. I know that when I die I will be with him in Heaven.  What an amazing promise.

That's what I would do.

Here's what Jesus did in His final week:


Sunday: The triumphal entry into Jerusalem       

Monday: Cleanses the temple in Jerusalem           

Tuesday: The Sanhedrin challenges Jesus’ authority

Jesus foretells the destruction of Jerusalem and His Second Coming

Mary anoints Jesus at Bethany

Judas bargains with the Jewish rulers to betray Jesus     

Thursday: Jesus eats the Passover meal with His disciples and institutes the Memorial Supper

Prays in Gethsemane for His disciples       

Friday: His betrayal and arrest in the Garden of Gethsemane

Jesus questioned by Annas, the former high priest

Condemned by Caiaphas and the Sanhedrin

Peter denies Jesus three times

Jesus is formally condemned by the Sanhedrin

Judas commits suicide

The trial of Jesus before Pilate

Jesus’ appearance before Herod Antipas

Formally sentenced to death by Pilate

Jesus is mocked and crucified between two thieves

The veil of the temple is torn as Jesus dies

His burial in the tomb of Joseph of Arimathea       

Sunday:  Jesus is raised from the dead       

What an amazing love. I hope you know it.

Happy Easter.

Mary
www.maryalford.net
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment