Wednesday, December 24, 2014

My Mom's Cornbread Dressing and The Greatest Gift Of All





My Mom's Cornbread Dressing
 
Ingredients:
2 boxes of Krusteaz (1t ounce) box of Honey Cornbread
1 cup diced onion
4 boiled eggs diced
 
1 can of cream of chicken soup
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 -3 (this depends on taste) cans chicken broth Remember the cornbread dries the dressing so you may have to add more
1/8 pound sage sausage
2 uncooked eggs
4 teaspoon dried sage (I use a lot more but this is to fit your taste so do accordingly)
Directions:
1.Prepare cornbread in large pan according to package directions. Cool and crumble.
2.Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
3.In a large baking pan, combine cornbread, onions, soup, broth, all eggs (boiled and uncooked), sausage, sage, and mix thoroughly. I usually wait on the raw eggs until I've tasted the mix to make sure it has the correct flavor I want then I add the raw eggs.  
4.Bake in the preheated over for 30 to 45 minutes
 

No comments:

Post a Comment